Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, oh my...

Filled with history, culture and exotic foods Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand are next on my list. I am really looking forward to the next adventure and will be headed out in just a few weeks.

This time I am, and for the first time, taking a tour with G Adventures, a Canadian travel company that provides small group tours across the globe. I will be landing in Ho Chi Minh (Siagon), Vietnam to start the first leg of my journey. I will be arriving a few days before the tour departs to try and get in a few sights of the massive city including checking out some of the war tunnels. It is in here where I will meet up with about 15 other like-minded travelers before we head out on our travels. This is what the nine days will look like:

Day 1 Ho Chi Minh City
Day 2 Mekong Delta Day Trip
Guided Mekong Delta day trip with boat cruise and visit to candy factories.
Days 3-4 Phnom Penh 
Guided tour of Tuol Sleng Prison and Killing Fields. Cyclo ride through Phnom Penh. Option to visit Royal Palace, National Museum, Central Market. Travel day with border crossing Vietnam–Cambodia on Day 3.
Days 5-7 Siem Reap/Angkor Wat
Guided tour of Angkor Wat temple complex. Optional visit to Tonle Sap floating village, Angkor National Museum.
Day 8 Bangkok
Travel Day. Border crossing into Thailand.
Day 9 Bangkok
Depart at any time.
Now, the next step is to decide when to return to Malaysia, currently home base, from Bangkok. I want to see a few sights of Thailand so I am now doing a bit of research into what a couple extra days will look like.
If you could travel to Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand what would top your list?

No comments:

Where in the World have I been...