Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

And so it begins...

This is my first blog post.


Exciting.


Yes. It. Is.


Well...for me anyway. 


It only took me a day to come up with a name. And for me the most indecisive person that is quite the accomplishment. Normally I would have waffled a few weeks maybe months and spent more time editing the design to ensure it flowed with the name rather than the other way around. Anyway with the help from my friends Freckled Faces + Favourite Places blog is born, I am officially a blogger. Maybe not a money-making blogger, but a blogger none the less. 


And so some of you may understand why I have started this ever-so-exciting blog, however some of you may be completely oblivious and wonder if I am off my rocker. Freckled Faces + Favourite Places is a bit of an oddity I will admit. However, for those of you who don't know me, I have a few freckles, okay well maybe more than a few. Someone once told me that a face without freckles is like a sky without stars. I am not sure if they truly meant this or were just feeling sorry for me in my pre-teen years living with a face that had more beauty marks than a Dalmatian has spots. So you get it. I have freckles. I also love faces. Taking photos of faces actually. It is my hobby. It is my passion. A majority of my friends receive 'free' photos shoot sessions just because I like to do it. And yes, I appreciate when they award me with gift cards. wine or movie passes. Hint. Hint. Wink. Wink. But, back to the background of the name. I am also leaving on a jet plane for Asia in just over 50 days. Yes. 50 days. It will be an adventure of a life time which I will be sharing with my best friend, partner in crime or as he would refer to himself as the better half, Ridley. For the last year, Ridley has been across the world from me. We have stayed connected via email, blackberry messenger and skype. Ahhhh I heart technology. It made us possible. So needless to say, we decided that it was time that I take a leap of faith and make the trek to Asia. However, I am still a planner and so instead of completely cutting all ties at home, I was blessed with a leave of absence from work for one year. Yes one year. I am lucky. So, for the next year we will be together, I will see the world, and you will be by my side along the way. I will write and rant. I will share my musings. 


I. Can't. Wait. 


The countdown is on...


Alberta August 2010

Malaysia February 2011



No comments:

Where in the World have I been...