Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The countdowns begin...

Tonight is the last night I will be in my house.

The last night in my own bed.

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go...well to my sisters at least. One more day and the movers arrive. Forty-five more days and Mr. Ridley Chen will arrive. Eleven short days after that, we will be leaving on a jet plane.

So, what am I doing right now, but updating all of you. What I should be doing right now, finishing packing. Roadrunner movers will be here at 9 a.m. sharp. Hopefully they live up to their name. You see, taking a year off of work, leaving everything behind in the hopes of seeing the world, means one needs to save some money. Therefore, I can only pray that I have quick movers and the bill will put less of a dent in my wallet than expected. I have moved. A lot. Because I haven't stayed in one locale for very long I have succumb to the fact my family can only help out so much. Hence, movers. I heart movers. When I left home at the ripe age of 18 years, I went to college in Calgary. During our practicum placements I was hired on and went to school part-time and worked in Red Deer part-time. Following college I moved to Red Deer permanently, or so I thought. However, once life takes a hold of you, there is no turning back. I missed writing and I missed working at the newspaper since while I was in Red Deer I was working at a printing company doing graphic design. I missed being out and about with the community. So I packed my bags with the help of my family and headed to Killam where I worked for a weekly newspaper. I was there for only five short months when I was offered the opportunity to become a part owner in a newspaper in Tofield. So, once again I packed my bags and headed north. Ok...only about 80 miles north, but far enough I was forced to move once again. I lived in Tofield for over six years. I think that was a record. When I decided I wanted to spread my wings, as they say, I was hired into the field of communications and moved to Camrose. Once again with the help from family and friends we packed my stuff and I headed south. So, since the first move to Camrose I have been to Sylvan Lake, Red Deer, back to Camrose and then finally back to Red Deer all in the course of five years. Luckly, I have worked for only two different organizations...don't get me wrong I have moved a lot but for good reason.

Up until now I have loved living in Red Deer. Still do. But, there is a whole world out there for me to explore and I am lucky enough to work for an organization that has allowed me the time off to spend with loved ones and fulfill a dream of travelling.

And...in 55 days I will be leaving on a jet plane to begin my adventure.
All packed up and ready to go!

1 comment:

Carla said...

Wow! Good for you Shelley. How exciting for you. We do work for a great organization, it allowed me to move to Red Deer as well and keep my same job. I wish you a great adventure, and will be checking on the blogs regularly. Take care.

Where in the World have I been...