Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

It's a dogs life...



You know how people say that sometimes owners tend to look like their dogs...er dog's look like their owners. Well, I am not saying that I actually look like my dog, Natty, or that she looks like me. Heaven help me if I had an underbite like she does. I probably would disown my parents for never getting my jaw reset. However, there may or may not be a few things that the two of us have in common. For instance, neither of us are keen on jumping feet first into a pool of water. Well, unless I can clearly see the bottom, I can touch my feet on the ground or that I am positive that nothing that other than an air mattress is going to rub against my legs. I hate to admit it but we probably both have a wee bit of a princess attitude. I will also admit that we share my king sized bed. I get one side, she gets the other. Since this is a day of confessions, I will also state that I may or may not take up less space than she does. To put it into perspective, she weighs 10 lbs. We also share an affinity to coffee, preferably Starbucks. Not sure where she gets her high-end taste from, but none-the-less we do love a strong cup of joe. Case in point to the photo. Thank God it was empty and she only tore apart the cup in hopes of getting the last few drops.

I grew up on a farm, although you probably would never be able to tell unless I told you. Which I just have. My sister and I, however will also admit that our Dad was quite lenient with us. We weren't really forced to do a lot of farm work. We were a bit spoiled that way.  Most of the time we would come home from school, run into the house, grab a snack and sit and watch the Young and the Restless. Even though we both have now become accustomed to the 'other' style of living, that doesn't involve hauling bales or feeding cows, we are still able to get our fill of farm life. My dad still lives on the farm, still has his cows and still works as hard as he did when he was 30. Bless his heart. He loves the farm. He loves his cows. He also loves us, and has promised that he will adopt Natty for the year. So, while I am away in a tropical locale, Natty will be experiencing her own adventure. I have a feeling she will be just fine. She may not even want to become a 'city' dog again after she experiences the freedom of the prairies.



1 comment:

Ridley said...

Love it....and I love you!

Where in the World have I been...