Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

It's going to be a good life...once the packing is complete...

To my friends, and new readers, I travelled to Malaysia in February 2011 and it was a trip of a life time. I spent over three weeks touring in and around Kuala Lumpur, Miri and a few places in between. Here is a little glimpse into my wonderful vacation in a tropical paradise.


So, now the packing extravaganza begins. Thank God for family. I have been blessed with their help, since I am somewhat of a procrastinator. It is to them I owe a huge debt of gratitude for taking the reigns and getting me started on the last thing I ever want to do...packing, and purging. See if it were up to me I would sit and complain endlessly about all the things I have to do to get ready. Yes, I should be excited. And yes, I am. However, I am also the type of person that may come across organized, but anyone who is close to me will tell you that you should never judge a book by its cover. My name is Shelley and I am a disorganized procrastinator. I am also a self-proclaimed worry wart. No, the three do not go together well. I was once told that I am imperfectly perfect. I try my best to be organized and to get-things-done, however I am also the type that will attempt to have a place for everything, only to forget where I put it. I also may or may not have a tendency to ramble (surprise if you haven't noticed by now).

In my attempt to break the habit of leaving things till the last minute I currently have five days till the movers arrive. Yes. Five. Days. Kitchen packed. Check. Closets packed. Check. Spare room packed. Check. Oh look at me go. Garage half-packed. Now to tackle the bedroom, and the clothes. Yes, my two walk-in closets, but for the record I did pack my coats, shoes, purses and scarves. Actually, my dad helped me pack the accessories. This is what is currently written on the box: coats, shoes, purses and scarves, scarves and more scarves. I wouldn't let him count them all.

Okay, now that I have given you a run through of my final packing tasks I guess I better stop procrastinating and start packing. Sigh.


No comments:

Where in the World have I been...