Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

And the journey continues...

I have been 'on the road' for 16 days now and soon it will be coming to an end. I am currently at Ao Nang beach in Thailand. Over the past 16 days I have been to Vietnam, Cambodia, and now at my final destination, Thailand, before I depart and head back to Malaysia. This trip has been a life changing experience...yes...kind of like eat, love, pray but different. I have met so many amazing people, seen such amazing scenery, landmarks, and learned a lot about the culture and history of these beautiful places, filled with beautiful people. Most of all I have learned a little more about me...who I am, who I want to be and what I want out of life. Travel has a funny way of opening our eyes not only to the unique destinations but into ourselves. I can't wait to re-experience my journey by the photos and memories I will hold dear to my heart.

Now, I am looking forward to the next destination...wherever that may be. Because the one thing I have learned throughout the last 4 months is that we all create our own experience, our own adventures no matter where in the world we are. We are the ones who get to choose how we want to live, how we accept life and how we look forward to the next chapter.

1 comment:

Mar said...

You have grown into a wise woman, Shelley, honey.
marg

Where in the World have I been...