Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Good morning Vietnam...

I have arrived at my next destination.

Hello Vietnam.

Thankfully I made it to the hotel unscathed and got into my room, had dinner, booked a day tour all in a few short hours. I've settled in a few days before I will be heading out with a tour group, G Adventures.

So far I have visited the war remnant museum, China town, Thien Hau market, Binh Tay Market, Handicraft workshop, reunification palace, Notre Dame Cathedral, the general post office and City Hall. Day 1 complete.

Next on the agenda is the Cu Chi tunnels located just outside the city. The Cu Chi was an underground village during the war which has over 200 kms of tunnels located at Ben Dinh.

And in these few short days I have already fallen in love with Pho soup...so far I have tried both chicken and beef. Both are delicious and a must try when in Vietnam.

Looking forward to joining the group tomorrow night and meeting a few people. Maybe I'll even find a few friends who I can drag around after the sun sets. These evenings in could get old.

1 comment:

Mar said...

OMG Shelley, I saw the Củ Chi tunnels on google. How did you manage to walk in such tiny areas w/o getting claustrophobia? You'd never get me in there! Anyhow, have a great time with your tour and enjoy your adventure!
marg

Where in the World have I been...