Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

What's on the menu...

I celebrated my third wedding a few days ago. Well, not MY third wedding, just the third Chinese wedding I have attended in the last three and a half months.

The one thing about the Chinese weddings I have attended, is that the food keeps coming. Dish after dish is served and typically it takes a few hours to finish the meal.

Here is the menu from the last wedding I attended...


  • Mandarin Oranges
  • Hot and Cold Dish Combination (exactly what it sounds like...a combination of appetizer type food)
  • Shark Fin with Dried Scallop and Crabmeat Soup
  • Streamed Fresh Water Fish with Oyster Sauce
  • Braised Chicken with Lotus Seeds and Assorted Mushrooms
  • Roasted Crispy Duckling
  • Stew Three Variety Dry Seafood with Oyster Sauce
  • Braise Shell Prawn in Butter Milk 
  • Honeydew with Yam and Pumpkin in Coconut Milk
I can honestly say that I enjoy the Shark Fin soup, although I won't eat any of the meat only the broth, and with vinegar. I actually hope that there aren't any real fin's in the soup, however in reality I suppose if it says Shark Fin soup, you are guaranteed there will be Shark Fin's in the soup. Sigh. Maybe next time I will pass. Also, who knew I would enjoy eating duck, but I do, and with a bit of soya sauce, chili and garlic, it is delicious. Oh, but my ultimate favourite is the butter milk prawns. I could honestly eat a whole plate of these, well as long as they are peeled. I am such a girl, or I should say an Alberta girl where I eat a lot more medium rare sirloin steak and a side of mashed potato than peeling prawns.

Big goofy grins after my third Chinese wedding dinner.

No comments:

Where in the World have I been...