Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Coffee time...

I. Love. Coffee.

No really. I love coffee. Generally back home I had an affinity for Starbucks and would order an Americano with room and add my own milk, a Cinnamon Dolce for those special treat days or Pumpkin Spice Latte when available.

However, coffee is different in Malaysia. Much. Different.

We have 3in1. Yes, 3in1. Coffee in an instant as Starbucks calls it. Or what we Canadians generally refer to as instant coffee. But, this is different. You can get plain instant coffee, you can get just sugar coffee or 3in1. I like the 3in1. Yes, the sugary, milky, instant coffee. It's like a treat day from Starbucks. Then there is the coffee that you can get at the outdoor cafes. Well, some are indoor as well, but the best coffee is made from the mom and pop shops that we would see in Canada only here they are open air cafes and the entire family is part of it. So yesterday was my first 'real' coffee and it was amazing. It's dark, strong with a bit of condensed milk. Now, much different than my skinny Americano at Starbucks. But, did I mention there is a Starbucks on almost every corner here as well. So, whenever I am feeling a little homesick you will know where to find me.

Oh ya and another thing when googling Coffee Preparation here is what I found: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffee_preparation who knew there was so many ways to prepare a cup of joe...

3in1 coffee.

Coffee from outdoor cafe.

No comments:

Where in the World have I been...