Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Arrivederci Rome...

Arrivederci Rome and all your history and food.

Unfortunately however, when I said arrivederci to Rome I also had to say good bye to my Momma. And, yes, I shed a few tears. It was hard saying good bye to her after spending over two weeks filled with misadventures. When we would venture out on our own we had a tendency to get lost, hey only a few times though...I am just being honest, and one time we may or may not had a map. But, a simple phone call to my Mom's Rome-born husband and with a few simple directions we were back on the correct path making our way to the museums and shops.


It was just over two weeks filled with sightseeing, shopping and eating. I was able to visit all parts of Rome, we also visited a beach resort called Ostia, spent a few days in Florence and a day trip to Orvieto. Each place was unique and filled with history.

Morning cappuccino.  
Sunset in Ostia.
Church in Orvieto.
A view of Orvieto, an amazing quaint town just outside of Rome.
I will actually miss the cobble stone streets, the way pedestrians cross the small narrow street with no rhyme or reason but somehow drivers just know when there is someone walking across their path, cappuccino and pastry for breakfast, pizza for a mid-day snack, pasta for lunch...uhm did I mention I have a love for food... 

Most of all, I will miss spending days scouring for bargains with my Mom. We spent hours looking for outfits, purses, boots but we spent even more time staring at statues and exploring all the museums and sights of Rome and area. We have so many memories including of course someone asking if we were sisters or friends, which has happened on more than one occasion. All I can say is I hope I am blessed with her genes. 

Mom and I enjoying a meal out in Florence.

No comments:

Where in the World have I been...