Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

Next on the agenda...Christmas in Asia...

First solo adventure. Check.

I returned to Miri from Kota Kinabalu (referred to as KK by the locals) unscathed. Well, nearly expect for a wee bit of a sunburn. Who knew that I could still get some colour sitting on the shaded side of the pool. But at least this time I wasn't nearly as bad as my last visit. Thank God.

My last day in KK was great. I lounged by the pool for the morning, had some lunch then went shopping to the near by mall. All-in-all it was a great three days to myself minus or plus, depending on how you look at it, my misadventures.

So now that I am back in Miri life is returning to 'normal.' You know, sleeping-in, doing laundry, blogging, oh dear is this what my life has come to since I have started my one-year leave from work. Sigh. I think I better get some more hobbies aside from randomly searching on the internet researching blogs.

Well for the record I am now planning our Christmas. Since it is this Saturday I figured I should think about what we are going to eat and do for the big day. Since Malaysia is mostly a Muslim country Christmas isn't celebrated nearly as much as it is in Canada. However, this year we put up the tree and I plan to have a special meal. Well, special as in we have decided that we are having a Mexican Christmas! Yes, that's right...Feliz Navidad! I asked Ridley what he missed about being in Canada, since he has been back here for a year and a half and he said tacos, and nachos of course. So, I am going to attempt to make my Mom's home-made corn tortillas, guacamole, corn salad, nachos, and Spanish rice.

As I have said many times before, wish me luck.

No comments:

Where in the World have I been...