Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Date Night...

Last night was date night. And even though it wasn't starring Tina Fey and Steve Carell, there were a few bloopers. Imagine that.

Everything started off smooth when Ridley arrived to pick me up and we headed into town. We decided that prior to date night, or I guess a prequel to our dinner we were going to work out. So he dropped me off at the gym and went back to work for a bit while his sister and I started out on the treadmills. Again, everything was going so smoothly. I got my towel and key to a locker. I changed into my workout clothes. Only to discover no socks. Yes. Surprise, surprise, I forgot socks. Oh well, I wasn't going to let no socks stop me from getting my sweat on. I then quickly went to the washroom before heading into the gym. I washed my hands, grabbed some towels, dried my hands, bent down to throw out the paper towel and as I came back up, bang! Yes. Bang. My heads hits the corner of the hand dryer. Yeah. That hurt. I rubbed my head only to discover that I had not only hit it but I cut it. Sigh. So, there I am standing in the middle of the ladies locker room with paper towel stuck to my head, in my workout clothes, by myself. So, what do I do? Yeah, text Ridley.

Here is the conversation:
Shelley: "I cut my head abd its bleeding"
Ridley: "How?? What?"
Shelley: "On the dryer"
Ridley: "What were you doing? Do you need stitches."
Shelley: "I dot kniow. I don't think so. My hsairs all bloody."
Ridley: "What were you doing???"
I stopped texting after the second "What were you doing?" I am standing in the middle of the locker room holding a bloody towel to my head, I didn't have time to explain to him what happened. All he needed to know what I cut my head. Sigh. So a few minutes later in comes his sister to see how I was doing and Ridley not far behind her. By the time they came to check on me all was under control. So, I managed to clean myself up and make my entrance to the gym, also where he works. At least the staff were so kind and gave him the first aid kit in case I needed it. Great first impression.

We continued on with date night. My injuries were minor, besides for a little bleeding I had no headache so we were good to go. After the gym we went to Cafe Miri where they serve mostly western cuisine. Here western cuisine is probably similar to our version of Chinese food back in Canada. Both Ridley and I had the Mixed Grill dish, which consisted of french fries with chicken, pork, lamb and hot dogs, or what they consider to be sausage. To drink I had the lemon iced tea and Ridley choose watermelon. All in all it was a decent asian version of a western style meal. Since it was only 8 p.m. and we weren't ready to call date night over so we decided to go for dessert, which turned out to be the best ending of a less than stellar beginning.

We went to Dessert Master and yes, I would say they are a master at desserts. Since I really don't understand what I am ordering yet, if a place has photos I am in heaven. This place had photos. I generally pick what I am going to eat based on what I can tell it looks like in a picture. How bad is that. But, it's how I roll. So, I found what is called Mango Sago, or also referred to as Tapioca, looked quite appealing. And. Yes. I was right. For once. It was not only good it was amazing. I think I maybe shared one spoon full with Ridley, most of the time he gets my leftovers, and there were no leftovers with this dish.

So, what started out as a bit of a misadventure turned into a great evening, with great food and even better company.

Cafe Miri

Canadian decor at Cafe Miri
Inside the western cuisine restaurant
My special date, Ridley
Me at my new favourite dessert restaurant
Best dessert in Miri 
Mango Sago...nothing better

No comments:

Where in the World have I been...