Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Toast and tea, hold the milk and sugar please...

So, recently I was sick. Not homesick. Sick. But, let's be honest whenever I get sick I do get a wee bit of homesickness. Let's face it. Nothing worse than being sick, than being sick away from home.

The kind of sick I endured was where you aren't sure if you are going to get sick or just sit there with a twinge of nausea. My diet for about three or four days didn't consist of much other than 100 plus (Malaysia version of Gatorade) and crackers. Of course I was sick over the weekend, but tried my best to pull through. I went out for breakfast, and had toast with tea. I asked for tea with no milk or sugar. I got tea with milk and sugar. After that I stayed housebound, laid on the couch, with my 100 Plus and crackers while watching mostly cooking shows. Not sure if that helped with the nausea but it was in English.

Even though I was sick, I am still very lucky. I am lucky I am staying at a place where I am treated like I am home.

Thank goodness.

No comments:

Where in the World have I been...