Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

First birthday celebration...

I celebrated my first birthday in Malaysia. Well, actually not my birthday, but Ridley's father Ron's birthday. This was not only my first birthday celebration in Malaysia, but my first Chinese birthday celebration. What makes it different you ask? The food. Isn't it always the food. We went to Dynasty Chinese Restaurant and it was a feast. A 7 course meal to be exact which included:
  1. Fish Maw Soup
  2. Hot and Cold combination
  3. Steamed Green Snapper Fish
  4. Orange Duck
  5. Deep fried buttermilk mushrooms
  6. Fried Nestum Shrimp
  7. BBQ Pork Ribs
All of this followed by Fruity Cheesecake birthday cake. Yup, that's right, 7 courses, plus cake or yeah and can't forget the fruit platter that was filled with honeydew, watermelon, and papaya. Delicious.






2 comments:

Margaret-Anne said...

Yummy!
What kind of cake was it?

Shelley Rattray said...

It was a white cake with a layer of fruit and cheese cake...it was Yummy!

Where in the World have I been...