Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Distance...

One would think that when you are half way across the world from your family and friends that things would be different. You can't see them when you want to. You can't get a hug from them when you need to. You are in different time zones and can't pick up the phone and talk to them whenever you want.

One of my besties reassured me that it doesn't matter where you are, that family is, well just family. And not that just family means anything but the fact that no matter where you are, no matter what you are doing, your family is there. Yeah, they might not be physically beside you. They might not live next door and you might not be able to pop over for a quick visit whenever you want. But, it doesn't matter. What matters is that no matter what, they are still there.

My friends and family mean the world to me. They are my world. And even though I am thousands of miles away from them all, I feel like they are still right beside me.

2 comments:

Mar said...

Thinking about you today. Nice to hear you like Mumford too. I have a couple of their albums, and think CAVE is my favorite tune!
Did you bring an umbrella for all the rain you're about to get soon?
If not, maybe I could find you one of those pleated plastic things to cover your head and to tie under your chin! ha ha. marg

Shelley Rattray said...

I remember my grandma had one of those pleated plastic things! I should get one and start a whole new trend... And yes, love Mumford. They are too cool. Hope all is well with you...and I'll send warm thoughts your way.

Where in the World have I been...