Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Travel dilemas...

I am not Bill Gates. Surprise. Nor am I part of the Carlos Slim Helu family, who was named the richest family in the world according to Forbes magazine.

The point is I don't have a ton of disposable funds. I managed to have enough pennies saved that I can survive this year without a job to travel, well on a budget. And, even though I would want to, I can't see everything.

So, the next question is, how do you decide? Some of my decisions have been made for me based on a number of factors, one being weather. For example, I would rather visit the Scotland when it's not bone chilling cold. Which is my top destination by the way. So, I will head there hopefully in the spring or summer. I am currently in Italy and will be here till the beginning of December. Coming from Malayasia the one thing I have found is that Italy is cold this time of year. Ok, not Canadian cold by any means. But, from coming from a tropical climate I froze my buns off for about three days. It probably didn't help that I was fighting off a cold, but nonetheless I was chilled. I want to go to Spain and Greece. However, upon further research I have discovered that its as cold if not colder than Italy this time of year. Sigh. So back to the drawing board.

I have a list of places that are my top picks, including but not limited to, Scotland, England, Amsterdam, Australia, Greece, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Cambodia...ok I will just stop now...the list could go on forever. Get my point. How does one choose where to visit, what to see, how long to go for? And, yes I guess I should have planned this all out prior to jetting off across the globe, but hey sometimes a girl has just got to fly by the seat of her pants and hang on tight.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Bhutan. Amazing country. Benevolent government. Gorgeous scenery and great history. After that, Costa Rica. Rainforest, ocean, sun, friendly people. Amazing biodiversity. True paradise.

Where in the World have I been...