Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Steamboat...

Steamboat! No, not the kind of steamboat that you find on the shores of Vancouver. This kind of steamboat is a way of cooking food, which is well...very tasty. You may have heard the Steamboat be referred to as Hot Pot, or Chinese fondue. Basically a simmering metal pot of stock is at the centre of the table and is kept simmering, ingredients are placed in the pot and cooked at the table. Typical items include thinly sliced meets, leafy vegetables, mushrooms, dumplings, wontons, and seafood.

We went to the Mitsu Shabu Shabu Restaurant in Miri for traditional steamboat. This was my first time and it was a great experience. Since I am a rookie steamboater, Ridley took me around and helped me pick out the times that I was eventually going to cook.

And...what's really neat is I found that this particular restaurant has also been reviewed by Makan Maniacs, a Miri restaurant review blog. Check it out: Makan Maniacs


Don't choose too much food.
Every 100g of food you don't eat you are charged 6 Ringgits!

Ready to cook, noodles, fish balls, tofu, crab.

And the cabbage is going in.

Ridley adding his noodles.

Me eating a pork dumpling, similar to a gyoza.

No comments:

Where in the World have I been...