Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Kuala Lumpur to Rome

In the last week I have travelled from Miri to Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia and then to Rome, Italy where I will be here for the next couple of weeks. I'll be enjoying the sights with my Momma and Luigi. Have I mentioned that somehow its so much better travelling with someone who knows the lay of the land, who can speak with the locals and well is essentially a private tour guide. At home base in Miri, I have plenty of tour guides and now in Rome I have Luigi and my Momma, who is gaining ground in learning Italian. It is great.

Last week during my few days with Rezebel, Ridley's sister, and his mom in Kuala Lumpur I was treated to days of eating and shopping. Two of my favourite loves. I think we walked miles up and down both Mid Valley and Pavilion shopping centres. It was a great woman's bonding 'retreat'.

Yummy sushi! 
Bel trying out the sushi. 
Amazing dessert at Ben's restaurant at Pavilion shopping centre.
View of Kuala Lumpur skyline.
And...now I am enjoying the ancient city of Rome. I've been here for a day and a half and already tour guide Luigi has calculated we walked about 3 miles my first day. Yes. Three miles. Ok, it might not be that long of an excursion but considering I had travelled 12 hours by plane with a sinus cold I might add, I am pretty proud of our mini-walking tour.

So, we are off to go exploring again in this beautiful city. I am already amazed by what I have seen and am so excited to see and share more of historic Rome...





No comments:

Where in the World have I been...