Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

The making of shrimp crackers...

Shrimp crackers, like bacon puffs but only different. I had now idea how they were made until the other day.

They remind me of a toy my nephews once had. It was a small capsule that you set in water and in a few hours it was triple its size. I think it was a sponge. Imagine that. But, someone had the ingenious idea to package it into a children's toy, probably tripling their profits.

To make shrimp crackers it's kind of the same. But different. The pre-cooked crackers come in small packages and you drop the dried shrimp cracker in cooking oil. A few minutes later it doubles or triples in size and becomes a shrimp cracker. Who knew, well apparently I had no clue. Check out this video I found that shows you how it's made: How-to make Shrimp Crackers

Before

After

No comments:

Where in the World have I been...